Battery Vent Hose - 1994 e36

I've just replaced the battery on my wife's '94 325is.  The battery I removed
was not OEM and was not vented (it was also the wrong size, of course, and
was not bolted down - sloppy maintenance by the previous owner).   I've
checked both Bentley's and the owner's manual -  neither have pictures or
describe where the vent hose exits the trunk area.   Can someone on the
Digest direct me to the location of the hose exit?  Thanks in advance.

Ron Bass
M3APX@domain.elided
88 M3
87 535i