Classic BMWs & M3 Pursuit

James,
Our fellow subscribers who buy, love and work on their own BMWs have the
right idea.  I believe the dealerships are in the leasing and financing
business (and the film business).  After 8 months of snotty salesmen--who
knew less about the Z3 than I--I finally bought from a private party.  I
think BMW needs to hear about their dealerships.   My memorably bad
experience continued when I brought the car in for a very minor warranty
repair.  They left the gas cap ajar (why they were in there, I do not know),
and it may have been that way when the washed the car and they service
manager used the term 'engine belt' to describe a part.  Is BMW only hiring
disgruntled former Oldsmobile employees?  I called BMW in New Jersey and had
them call the service manager to clear things up.

Of course BMW called to ask about my service experience; I gave them a piece
of my mind; they took my e-mail address, 'in case someone wanted to contact
me'; the only e-mail I received was regarding their new 'film' website.
I'm reading the self-service postings with renewed vigor!

Congratulations on your M.  Drive in good health.