  Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 03:51:26 -0000
  From: "b r" <flybarons@domain.elided>
  Subject: e30 Elecric Window switch wiring problem

  Was trying to figure out why the electric window on the passenger side
  doesn't work. Switch swap proves switch is OK. Power to the connector the
  switch plugs into but none to the plug that powers the motor. I suspect a
  brak in the wiring someplace unless the connector for the switch is bad.
  Opened the connector up and it looks new. Cleaned all connections with
  electrical cleaner. Go an intermittent power indication to my trouble light
  hooked up to the two prong output plug that goes into the window motor then
  nothing.
  Any one else have this situation?
  I am away from home and do not have my Bentley with me. ANyone know what
  color wires that go to the window motor from the wiring plug that the
switch
  plugs into?
  Also the rubber connections between the body and door look great but maybe
  there is a short caused by a car that is 16 yrs old.
  Advice anyone?
  Thanks
  Brad Purvis
  86 325es