Tire contact patch for +1 & +2 upgrades

I have to agree with Ron. You don't change contact patch by going to a larger
rim, what you change is the sidewall height. Contact patch will be affected by
rim width, tire pressure,  manufacturing idiosyncracies, etc., but all else
being equal, tire patch for the same vehicle at rest should be the same for
all rim sizes.

Please note my caveat "at rest". Obviously contact patch is going to be
affected by sidewall height when under cornering stresses, which is why we
upgrade!

Cheers!
Geoff Nilson