Re: '97 M3

What can I say but "It's a kick ass car".  Probably the best driving, most
well balanced car I've ever driven.  I drive a Porsche 911 daily and the M3
is much easier to drive.

Look for accident damage and abuse.  Try to find out if it's been raced or
tracked.  Not to say that all tracked cars are bad but if the owner has been
hard on it, I would look for another car.  Look for abnormal wear on the
shoulders of the tires.  Look for service history.  Make sure that a major
service has not been deferred.  Service and parts on an M3 are much more
than a 328.

Other than that, the M3 is pretty bulletproof.