Answers = More Questions WAS:Re: Transmission hard to shift --> OIL??

First I would like to tanks everyone who took the time to answer my
question about my tranny.

I still have one more question regarding the replies I got.
On 6 replies, 5 fellow reported using Redline MTL and one Redline D4.  To
me D4 is what makes sense since it is a ATF fluid and BMW is asking for
ATF.  MTL is a manual transmission fluid rated 75W90 so it is more viscous
than regular ATF. All these people reported they were satisfied with
Redline (D4 and MTL) and they saw an improvement over regular Dextron II
ATF.

So, my question is, which one should I use?  If BMW wanted to use gear oil
in their transmission they wouldn't specify ATF. So why so many people use
MTL instead of D4?

Thanks again.
Michel Drainville
91 318ic

PS.  One fellow suggested me to check my clutch travel, may be there was
some air trapped in the system. I will check it to make sure,  but I doubt
it is the problem because I tried to pump the clutch several times in
neutral, then engage 1st or 2nd, and the effort required,  was the same.