whacky charging system/wheel bearing

I have a 84 633CSI and when ever I start the car it doesn't seem like
its getting enough "juice". My dash lights are dim, fan blows slowly,
ect... To cure this I have to rev the engine above 3000 RPM and then,
like a switch, the lights brighten, and the car seems to have enough
power. I don't have to have the car running over 3000 RPM all the time,
just have it hit it once, then the car is fine. I have gotten a new
alternator, new battery, and am at a loss as to what the problem is, any
idea's? I also have a bad wheel bearing. I ordered a new front wheel
bearing from Bav Autosport, but was wondering how to tell which side is
bad. when I turn right is when the noise gets louder, so that means the
left wheel bearing is out, right? thanks for the help.

        -=(D)=-

- --
Confucius Say...
"Don't drink and park, accidents cause people."

End of bmw-digest V9 #1819