745i doesn't want to start - HELP!

This morning as I was backing out of my driveway my
745i died and refused to start. I did not hear the
starter trying to kick over the engine. I have owned
this car for three months and all the maintenance is
up to date and I haven't had any problems with it. In
the last two days I did notice the smell of gasoline
after I shut it off.
Any help would be appreciated in diagnosing this
problem since I don't have the service manuals yet.
Thanks in advance.
Jorge
1985 745i
http://auctions.yahoo.com/