RE: <E36> Lost that magic feeling

I had (still have) that same feeling on my 94 325is. I almost completely
redid the front suspension, and it is *much* better, but the "sensitivity"
that you are referring to still isn't as good as new. The only parts that
were not replaced in the front end were the tie rods, and steering rack
bushings...and of course the steering rack itself. You can have a look at
what I did here:

http://bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3476

It handles wonderfully now. Does not have the dartiness that it did before
the change. It rides quite firm, but not unacceptable to me (ride quality is
very subjective).

I am guessing that your shocks are starting to show their age, and/or the
control arms ball joints and bushings are wearing too.

Good luck,
Butch