Slotted vs Cross Drilled Brakes

Ok, another question for you guys which we probably don't have an agreement
on but let me ask which the list prefers, cross drilled or gas slotted
rotors???  I do not have any track time but hope to go to one track within
the next 6 months.  I have had the original rotors which I burnt through
real quickly and I burnt through some cross drilled rotors in about 9-10K
miles. I was ready to get some slotted rotors from Jeff Krause and his
follow his advice but then due to some of length of time in response from
Jeff and his not accepting credit cards I became a little more weary of his
organization and his belief that slotted rotors are the best.  What does the
list think?  What direction should I go if I have been having problems
warping my rotors.  (I admit, I drive WAY too fast on city streets and the
slowing down from 120 or so kills the rotors) Thanks for the help

96 328iS