Acceleration problem with 85 528e.

Hey all,
 Hopefully someone can help me figure out the problem I am having here.
I have an 85 528e auto 133k. I have already replaced the in tank fuel
pump and air flow meter. The problem is whenever I accelerate either
from a complete stop or not, the car boggs down and I have to feather
the pedal to get it to go. It also happens even when I am not changing
the pressure on the pedal and accelerating from say a stop to 55mph. It
seems to happen when the transmission is changing gears but I'm not
sure if this is the case or not. The stumbling does not happen when in
park or neutral. Also every once in a while the idle will start to
fluctuate drastically from 800rpm too over 2k and the car will lurch
forward while in gear, this (heart beat) fluctuation continues when the
car is put into park or neutral. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.
Lee Mullican
85
538e