Strange Window Behavior

Hey Everyone,

I have a '94 325is which has a problem with the passenger door window.
It goes down OK, but occasionally when I push the button to make the
window go up - the window travels approximately halfway, then goes back
down approximately one(1) inch and stops.  This can be repeated several
times before the window gets all the way up.

I can get the window all of the way up by repeatedly pushing on the
button.

The shop I use for anything I can't possibly do myself has not heard of
this before.

This is not a real problem yet...but...any ideas?

Thanks,

Frank Clements
Charlotte, NC