re: Dunlop vs. Bridgestone

 >From: "David Cordas" <cordasfamily@domain.elided>
 >Looking for new tires for my '95 325IS.  I've been a long time Dunlop buyer
 >and am ready to replace my current set of SP8000s.  I've been happy with them
 >except that they haven't lasted very long.  The Tire Rack suggested a set of
 >Bridgestone Potenza RE730s.

I have these tires on my 97 M3 coupe (245/40/17 rears and 225/45/17
fronts).  I've owned the car only 3 weeks (about 1000 miles so far).  They
are a bit noisy on the highway with windows down and sunroof open.  I have
no idea how they do it the wet (it hasn't rained in MD for a few weeks) but
their grip on dry roads is great.  How many miles have you gotten out of
the SP8000s?  I think the RE730s have about 8000 miles on them.  I'm
wondering how long they will last (rears are worn more than fronts)

Kevin
kevingregg@domain.elided     http://members.home.net/kevingregg
1997 BMW M3 Estoril Blue coupe http://members.home.net/kevingregg/m3/
Columbia, MD