Favorable issue resolution with Rusty Parts - Rusty Cullen

At 10 a.m. (CDT) this morning, Rusty Cullens contacted
me.  He apologized profusely for the delays in getting
the hub to me, agreeing that such delays are truly
unnacceptable.

Rusty explained that his supplier, which has
historically been very good to work with, has really
let him down, and that he is as frustrated as me.  He
emphasized that he will no longer use that supplier.

Further, Rusty went out this morning and personally
purchased a hub locally, which he is shipping to me
overnight by UPS.

Despite my objections, Rusty has insisted that I pay
nothing at all for the hub; he is paying for it
personally (I really wish he wouldn’t do that, but he
insisted) out of his own pocket, and canceling the
credit card charge.

As I was writing this email this morning, Rusty just
called again, and when I again tried to pay for the
part, refused to accept payment.  He again emphasized
that he is truly committed to customer service, and
that the only way he can emphasize his commitment to
quality service is to eat the cost of the part in
return for the difficulties I experienced.

Please note:  Comments in the last email and this one
have been objective, simply stating the fact.  Below
are my opinions:

My PERSONAL impression on this issue is that, given
the history of good service from his supplier, Rusty
simply lost track of the extent of the delay, and
really expected to receive return calls from his
supplier.  Rusty has gone out of his way to apologize
and “make good” for the problem, and seems truly
sincere about his apology.  Based upon his response
today, I will order parts from him again, assuming
that this problem was truly just “one of those things”
that sometimes happens, and not typical of his
business.

Thanks, Rusty!

Michael Menard
Chicago