From: David Wolf <jdavid@domain.elided>
To: bmw-digest@domain.elided <bmw-digest@domain.elided>
Date: Tuesday, May 08, 2001 12:54 AM
Subject: Help! My 528e won't go into either 2nd or 4th gear

>Hi everyone,
>
>I'm Pam and David's letting me post my problem here since he's the member
and he's also the one who's going to have to fix my car.

>I have an 83 528e 5 speed with 185,000 miles which all of a sudden won't go
into either 2nd or 4th gear. I drove to the gym with no problem at all, and
when I got done and got back into the car from the first time I pulled out
of my parking space I could suddenly not put the car in 2nd (and then later
found it it also wouldn't go into 4th) gear.

>David is going to pull the drain plug to see if any metal chips come out,
then he'll check dedent ball plate. Other than that he has no clue what to
do other than pulling the transmission.

>So if any of you out there knows anything else he could check before doing
that, we'd really appreciate it!

>David says he checked the transmission oil level a few months ago and it
was "not low."

>Thanks,
>
>Pam Crossett
>

>Sign up and GET PAID to e-mail!
>
>This link MIGHT work: http://www.zwallet.com/join.html?user=jdavid
>
>But if not, go to http://www.zwallet.com and use me as your referral
person: jdavid. It will have a place to put: Referrer's User ID: and just
type in jdavid. THANKS. Join me and make $!