Transmission Program Warning

I have a 91 525i automatic, at the beginning of this year the 'trans
program' warning signal would come on just about every time I would go for a
drive. Worried, I did some investigating and took it to a very reputable
shop.  They flushed the system and found an O-ring in the strainer, then
told me that I had a very limited life left on that transmission.  I nursed
for another week and took it to have the transmission completely rebuilt,
with a new flex plate, seals, and torque converter; $2500 later the tranny
felt good, but the damn warning kept chiming off.  I took it back to the
place that rebuilt the tranny they said that the transmission works fine and
has no mechanical failures, its an electrical fault.

I did even more research and was told that the alternator could be getting
weaker, thus a slight drop in current, i.e.- 'trans program' warning.  I
have considered ordering a Dinan tranny chip to try to circumvent the system
fault, but no one has anything good to say about the chips.  Plus I already
have the Jim C chip.  I would like to not have to have this problem solved.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!  Oh BTW, I have already
thought about disconnecting the chime; not an option. I have maintained this
car pretty well, and would hate to start 'rigging' things now.

Tim Kinsey
91 525, sharked