<E36> Couple Questions re: Convertible top and others...

Hey everybody. I hope that spring has come to visit and you've been able to
enjoy your bimmers in some sun (though here in Seattle it can be a luxury
commodity at times). Enjoying mine (a 1994 325iC) has led to recent
questions:

1) Conv. top #1a: Is there anything that I can do to bring all the
components in the opening mechanism back to showroom standards? Things just
don't seem as tight as they should be and I here plenty of rattling coming
from, what seems, under the storage cover when the top's up. Anything I can
adjust to tighten things up a bit?

2) Conv. top #1b: The motor has lost a lot of juice. Now, it seems that I
can't raise or lower the top without the engine running. Anybody run into
that before?

3) Pass-through: Anybody have a pass-through in their convertible? I have
the removeable piece in the back seat and the flap of upholstery that
velcros up to cover a pass-through, but no actual pass-through. Am I going
to cut through anything important if I fabricate a pass-through (I'd like to
port a subwoofer through there... anyone have any experience with that good
or bad?).

What else can I think of? Oh, anyone have a 2001 M3 they'd like to *GIVE*
me? Thanks, I'd appreciate it. I promise.

Anyways, thanks in advance for the great answers!

- -Dave
1994 325iC

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]