I've driven a car which intimidated me

I had the opportunity to drive an M5 yesterday.  Stopped by my local
dealership yesterday to drop off my 5 series off for oil change.  Lo, they
had a brand new M5 sitting on the showroom floor.  I looked at salesman and
asked if he's driven it yet.  He said that it had just arrived and wasn't
sold.  We both grinned at each other and took it out.  I was stunned by how
powerful it is.  I've driven lots of hot cars, from a sportsman modified
(which isn't a car, but an engine mounted on a frame), to 911's (I owned one
and drove lots, to corvettes (best friend owned one), to hemicuda's, etc.
Not one of them compared.  The M5 is a beast!  I don't know if I could own
one and keep my drivers license, and I suspect that  I could really hurt
myself in it.  It was a sobering experience.  I've wanted to own one, but
honestly I'm not sure I do now.  I never thought I'd say this, but I think
it too much car for me.  WOW and again WOW.

Mark Huth
mhuth@domain.elided
I'd really like to get into space, but how is that going to happen?