Re: <E28> How to remove hood badge

> I've finally decided to replace my worn out hood badge with a new one. Is
> there any trick to removing the old
> one and installing the new one?
>
> Thanks -
> Bruce

If it is the same as the E30 you just need to carefully pry the old one
out with a screwdriver or something else flat.  You should use some
cloth or cardboard to protect the paint on your hood.

There are two small round plastic pieces that hold the badge on by
friction.  On my E30 they just stayed in place on the hood.  I think I
remember seeing a picture that showed that they might come off on other
cars.  If you see the two pieces that hold on the badge on the inside of
the hood you might want to put a hand or a cloth underneath to catch
them when the badge comes off.

Bill.