Re: E30 Shiffter Question and Mirror Q

>Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 16:13:18 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Kyle Sanchez <bmw_92510@domain.elided>
>Subject: E30 Shiffter Question and Mirror Q
>
>Ok someone hit my left mirror and only the glass
>broke. Is there a way so I can change just the glass
>peice? I have a used mirror and what to swap just the
>glass, as the extior of the used mirror is not in the
>best condtion.

The mirror attaches to the motor unit via a rotating lock ring on the back
of the mirror.

To remove the mirror, look for a small rectangular hole in the bottom of the
mirror housing.  You need to insert a small screwdriver into the slot,
engage the rotating slip ring, and rotate the ring until it detaches from
the motor unit.

- - -rb