Which tires to buy?

>I have a 1999 M3 and I'm looking to replace my tires at 30,000 miles.  I
>have narrowed my tire choice down to three and would very much like
>anyone's advice.  They are for summer use only in wet and dry
>conditions.  Price is currently not an issue, but i'll include my costs
>so any of you can tell me that i'm getting ripped off, if i am?
>1) Michelin Pilot Sports = $1000

I had a set of these previously, and liked them very much. They handled
very well in both the wet & dry. Downside is that they are more expensive
than other tires.

>2) Bridgestone Potenza S-02 Pole Positions = $838

I have not tries these, but many of my friends have and like them. But from
what I hear, they tend to wear quickly (I was able to get nearly 40K miles
on the set of Pilot Sports).

>3) Yokohama AVS Sport = $788

I currently have these on the car, and frankly, I don't like them.
Especially in the wet. I find they have a "floating" feeling in the wet
that I didn't recall with the Pilots. I continue with them through the
summer, but as soon as fall hits, I'm getting new tires.

One tire I'll consider is the Toyo T1-S. Several people I know are running
these and like them, and I've been running Toyo's R-compound tire for 2
years and am pleaed with it. So I'll either be giving the Toyos a try in
the fall, or going back to the Pilot Sports.

My 2 cents,
Jim Bassett
1998 M3/4