?s re: early model E36 vs. later E36

Group,

I have an early model E36 M3 (4/94) that does not have the "pre-wired
symbol" for a BMW keyless entry system on the driver's side trunk. Does
this absolutely mean I can't install the OE BMW keyless entry module in
this car? I have a later model M3 (7/95) that indicates and accepts the
factory module. Am I SOL on the earlier model or is there a work around for
it? While I'm at it, the 4/94 version doesn't have the OBC. My later model
does. Can I retrofit the earlier model w/ my later model's OBC?

TIA

Evan

End of bmw-digest V9 #1784