RE: 325 tranny bolt-up/link-up question

The transmission should be phisycally the same --no problem swapping there.
But a 325e transmission is going to shift at much lower points than a 325i,
because of the lower redline of the eta engine. To get the shift points
correct again you'll have to swap the governor and the valve body; the case
and clutches should be the same.