RE: Need help replacing antenna E-30

Chris LaMothe [mailto:clamothe@domain.elided] wrote:

> I have replaced antennas before with out any problems.
>  Now I have an E-30 325i the replacement antenna will
> not feed into the motor.
> The car is 1989 and uses the toothed antenna mast.
> Any advice?

Chris,
I believe there are two types of E30 antenna motors: some work with toothed
some with toothless masts. Make sure you buy the same type of the mast as
the one it replaces. Also make sure that you feed the new mast with the
teeth pointing the right way.
Having said that, my '89 325i uses a toothed mast and sometimes it helps to
force-feed the new mast fairly deep into the motor before it catches.
If that doesn't help, make sure that you motor is in fact running.

good luck,
alex