Bilsteins and lowering springs

In my research I spoke to no one who recommended Bilstein HD's with a
lowering spring. The shock is too long. Everyone said Bilstein Sport with
anything but the original or factory springs; they are shorter and the
damping rate is only slightly higher.

Perhaps the shock you have is not the right application for the car. Have
you talked to Bilstein?

The ride height should be the same. I replaced Boges with Bilstein HDs with
stock springs and it stayed the same (within 1/4 inch...) front and rear. I
have an E28; several tech advisors from the club recommended them over the
Boge's.

Rick Viehdorfer
RMC BMW CCA #148771