RE:OEM, OE, NOS, etc.

Rod,

Where did you get this information? It goes against everything I've ever read
in 20+ years. Did something change, that I'm not aware of?

As I remember it, NOS is New Old Stock, which means it was a car dealers
inventory at one time, and was never sold, and is now being sold.

OEM, are parts made by the company that originally made the part for the car
company, hence the term, ORIGINAL equipment manufacturer. AFAIK, OE and OEM
are the same thing.

If a part is made by someone other than the OEM company, it is called a
reproduction. This is how this is all referred to in the catalogues for parts
to restore different cars, etc. I believe there is another term for
replacement parts, but don't remember off hand what that is. (supposed to
work like OEM, buy aren't certified, etc. Quality really varies)

<< OEM - refers to an Original Equipment Manufacture of vehicle parts.  They
may or may not have ever manufactured the parts for the vehicle
manufacture(VM).  >>

STeve