Bridgestone Potenza RE730 tires

I installed RE730s on my car last spring to replace my worn out Michelin
Pilots.  I just couldn't spend the money on the Pilots.  Now I wish I
had.  After something like 10,000 miles my rear tires are worn down
significantly compared to the fronts.  I measured the tread and found
the rears were down to about 0.135 inches, while the fronts had 0.245
inches.  I expected a wear differential front to rear, but not that
much.  The wear bar is at 1/32 or 0.031 inches, so I guess I have
another 10,000 miles from the rear tires.  IMO, the Pilots were a better
grip and didn't wear as fast.

The Tire Rack recommends rotating every 3000 miles. That would mean
rotating tires as often as most people do an oil change.  That seems
excessive.

BTW, I am rotating tires, haven't autocrossed and since it's my daily
driver, I do drive in the winter and rain.  In the winter and I switch
to a set of Michelin Alpins mounted on the stock rims.  In spring I
re-install the RE730's rotating front and rear.  I live in MD too
(Frederick area) and, unless I park the car, I have to drive in snow and
ice during some part of winter.  Not nearly as bad as when I lived in
New England, though.

Hope this helps,
Peter Rossato
'94 325is, "VDERZEN"