E30 M42 Front Oil Seal Replacement

Hello all,

Can anyone point me to any resources for guidance?  I plan to replace the
front oil seal and oil pump on my 1991 318is.  I have purchased the seals
and gaskets but have yet to purchase the oil pump and associated parts.  I
understand the oil pump surrounds the crankshaft.

I'd love to hear from someone else who has done this job.  So far my DIY
expertise limit has been a clutch job, springs, struts, control arms.

What parts are necessary?  How long is the process?  Will I need any special
tools?

Thanks!
Shaun Pamplin
LSC BMW CCA