Re: 92 318i heated seats

>>Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 20:56:33 -0500 From: Emi <ebelmont@domain.elided>
>>Subject: Re: 92 318i heated seats
>>
>>Hello all,
>>
>>I recently purchased a 92 318is, I am having some problems with the heated
>>seats. The switches light up indicating power and the fuses are fine. Any
>>suggestions? Are there relays that I should be looking for? Is it a common for
>>the seat heaters to burn out?
>>
>>Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated, its still very cold here in
>>Toronto Canada. Thank you in advance.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Nick Toronto, Canada

Nick -

    FWIW, in 1999 I purchased a used 96 328i w/ 22,000 miles on the odometer
and the warranty still in force.

    The first year I had it, the driver's seat (not seat back) failed to
heat up.  Checked the fuses and all were good.  Took it back to the dealer
and they replaced the heating element which had gone belly up.

    You'd think they'd last longer than three years on a quality car like a
BMW, wouldn't you?

    Cheers,
    Seeker