Re: E36 3 Series Brake Question

Lorenzo,

Do all of your brake lights work?  Are they all lighting up wheen your OBC
gives you this message?

If the lights are working, or even if one sometimes fails to work, it's an
indication that the fuse is fine.

You need to check the bulb and socket.  Clean the base of the bulb and the
contacts in the socket.

Also, I've experienced similar conditions in my car, and it was caused by a
"failing" light filament.  The filament has burned through, but it somehow
managed to make contact with the other end of the filament, so sometimes it
will work, and sometimes it won't.

Replacing the bulb is the only way to remedy this oddball problem.

- -rb