magnecor cables on m20 engine (e34). comments?

Has anyone ever used magnecor plug wires on a m20
engine (89'5 series)before? I'd like to replace my old
set with a decent set of cables, but am worried about
how the engine will take cables which may have wider
variations in resistance than normally spec'ed by BMW.

Also,Could someone confirm if 2000+ ohms is too high a
resistance on the plug wire connecting the coil to the
distributor?

And finally, does anyone know how to remove a Pioneer
head unit from the dash, apart from going to a radio
shop? They usually have spring loaded pins which you
can push in with a tool, but I dont have the tool, and
cant seem to locate the pins.

Thanks.
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/