RE: E36 battery

From: Daniel Chenault <DanielC@domain.elided>

> ...After much calling around, found one at a dealership
> for $145 + tax quite a drive away.
>
> What a runaround. For a freakin' battery.

Can't really offer anything but sympathy...

I needed a new battery for my '88 535is.  Of course,
Wal-Mart, Sears, etc. do not stock that "group" size.
After a bunch of searching, I finally ended up finding
an Interstate Batteries distributor not too far from
work (Woburn, MA, if anyone cares...).  They had it
for ~$85.  Later, I was at an independent European car
fixer-upper place and noticed that they stocked the
same Interstate batteries.

Of course, then I let the car sit this past year long
enough to kill that brand new battery and had to run
back down there for another.  At least the second time
around I knew where to go and they gave me a price
break.  I also got a nice poster of the Nascar Champ
from last year, who happens to be sponsored by
Interstate...

Regards,
Mike Kohlbrenner