E30 Rear Bearing replacement Status

I have started the replacement task of replacing the rear bearings on my 89
e30. The left rear bearing is clearly bad as it makes considerable noise
when the CV shaft is not connected to the diff. So far I am doing the left
side first. I have removed the exhaust system as I plan to replace it
anyway. The 32 mm spline nut is off, the rotor is off, the caliper is wired
out of the way and the 6 8mm hex bolts have been removed from the CV shaft.
The 8mm bolts were torqued on way too tight and were a problem to remove.
Tomorrow I remove the spline and inner race and then the bearing. If too far
gone and out of my skill set, I will remove the entire arm and take it to a
machine shop.
Brad Purvis
97 M-3
89 E30 325i