M5 motor upgrade

Hi.  I have a 1985 European M5, (NOT an M535) which
was grey-marketed into the US.  It has roughly 180,000 miles
on the motor.  It still runs well, but it's starting to burn a
little oil.

I'm interested in replacing the motor (I've replaced darn
near everything else), and I'm wondering what to do.

As I see it, my options are:

1) re-build the current motor with new parts
2) buy a re-built motor
3) buy a used motor

Option 2) seems the most appealing, and I've noticed several
companies that advertise motors in the roundel.  the one
that I'm most interested in is the 3.7 liter motor rebuild
from Metric Mechanic.

Does anyone have any experience with this motor, or
any other advice about what to do in this situation?

thanks,

- --alex