Leather care/solutions

My '87 528e has the "usual wear" on the driver's seat.  This car is quite a
step up for us (and we LOVE it!), so I am new to caring for leather
upholstery.

What products are recommended for care of the leather, to keep further wear
at a minimum?

Is there a way to fix the worn spot/small hole on the left side of the seat
back?  While this is a long shot and may sound naive, are reupholstery kits
available that would allow me to replace the driver's seat leather for a
reasonable price?  I don't expect a junkyard to have one in better shape...

Thanks in advance.

Aaron
'87 528e
'82 Scirocco