Re: oh no, bimmer vs beamer thread!

I've only been a BMW fan for 20 something years, and have only known bimmer.
People I know who have been involved with BMWs since the 60s also refer to
the cars as bimmers.  Maybe different parts of the country had their own
nicknames.  Whenever someone asks me how I like my beamer I reply I don't
have a motorcycle!

Not trying to start this thread up again, just offering a possible
explanation.

Mark