Re: E-30 M3 OBC ????

> The lighted display in my 90 M3 on board computer
> no longer works. Any suggestions?

i had to do this to my E30 recently.  i followed the
directions found at:
http://www.koalamotorsport.com/tech/E30.backlight.html

i do have something to add, though: my dealer sells
the backlight unit as an assembly of a circuit board
containing two light bulbs and reflector (the white
part you pull out).  it costs about thirty dollars.
i didnt want to part with that much cash, so instead
i bought two of the bulbs used in the dash switches
(hazard lights, rear defrost, etc) which are about
the same size and seem to be about the same wattage.

i unsoldered (de-soldered?) and pulled out the bulbs
in the circuit board, replacing them with the switch
bulbs.  i just had to bend back the contact tabs of
the new switch bulbs first...straighten them out so
they fit in the board holes vacated by the old bulbs.
i put it back together and the thing has been working
fine, seems to be the right brightness, etc...

kurt martin
87 535is
86 325es.
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/