Re: E30 Shift knob replacement

Chris, I should lend you my girlfreind :-)  She pulled the shift knob right
off my e30 on her first shift, I'd gotten her so uptight about driving my
car!  The original knob on a 89 e30 pulls straight up and off, but with her
method it hever fit quite tightly enough afterword.  It looked like the
removal caused a small tear in a rubber ring up inside, presumably this bit
compresses to hold the knob on.  Perhaps someone has a more informed method
for removal?