Checking out a '95 540i

Hello everyone,

It's me again and yes I am still looking for that perfect car to call my own. I
decided to have a look at a 1995 540i yesterday, with winter weather being with
us still I was unable to test drive due to the conditions yesterday(snowy/wet)
and the car was in the showroom all shined up. Here are the particulars about
the car as far as I know so far. 95 540i, 6 speed, sport package(17" BBS
wheels), fully loaded by the looks of it, remus catback(?) exhaust, black on
black. Car has 152k KM(just under 100k miles). The dealer had a printout of the
service records from a BMW dealer. The engine has been replaced with the
recall(yay!). I didn't scrutinize over the records but from what I could tell it
has been maintained very well(recent clutch too). I did take down the VIN# so I
can talk with the dealer about the car. Asking price is $19,800. Does this seem
like a good price, the mileage is a little higher than what I was looking for
but the car was very nice. Dealer said it is no problem for me to go back on a
nicer day to take it out for a drive and he is not against having it inspected.

A few questions regarding 540's(I am totally new to bmw's). Do these cars feel
big when driving them? They look big. Heh. Should I be concerned with the
mileage or is 152k ok with lots of life left. Whatever I buy I want to drive it
for many years so I want to make sure it will last. How is maintenance costs on these
models? How much will the dealer divulge to me if I walked in with just the
vin #? Would they give me a printout of the records so I could look over them a
bit better? What else was in the sport package for these cars other than the
wheels/seats. Once again opinions/comments welcomed and appreciated specially from
owners of these. Thnks in advance. Oh and price quoted above is in Canadian
funds. Which would probably be about 13,000 US.

- --
Best regards,
 Kevin                          mailto:kevinould@domain.elided