Fun and learning at the track

At 11:30 PM -0500 2/28/01, Jim Bassett <jimbassett@domain.elided> wrote:

>Listen to your instructor, and most importantly HAVE FUN! :-) Road Atlanta
>is a wonderful track, I had a chance to drive it at O'Fest 2000.

*Jim and others, this is not a cut.*
I find the emphasis at many driving schools are to have fun.
Little or no classroom instruction and enough in-car instruction so
you don't kill yourself out there. Unfortunately some people are
soloed before their time as it is a right of passage. Maybe for the
sake of having more fun. I have turned down solo opportunities for
more instruction. Maybe I'm just a slow learner. <g>

The fun part for me is the instruction and feedback from an instructor.
So Chris, learn something out there. It may save your life.
I think it got me out of a bad situation. I totalled my car on a
country road but walked away without a scratch.

...steven