RE: 15" Tires on 390mm Wheels...just over 2% too small

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, at 09:36:30 -0500 torresk@domain.elided wrote:

>390mm=15.3544" making them 2.37% too large, no?  My question is has
anyone
>experimented with turning the TRX wheels down to 15"?  I have access to
CNC
>machines that could easily do the job.  Anyone?

One of the design features of the TRX tire is a different tire bead
profile. It needs a corresponding rim design. The engineers came up with
the oddball diameter to prevent TRX tires from being mounted on standard
rims and standard tires from being mounted on TRX rims.

If the TRX wheel can be modified to accept the conventional bead profile
while reducing its diameter this may be a viable idea.  Just put your
affairs in order and pay your life insurance premium before you test
drive the results. ;^)

Seriously,  I'd consider paying $50-$75 a wheel for this modification.
Let us know if its practical.

Bob Kegel
'70 2002
'85 635 CSi