Q) Brake Pads and installation.

Hi, All Bimmers.

Thanks for your info regarding CD installation.
I think I had a clue how to install and what to prepare for it.

However, I just realized that it is time to replace my break pads for my
baby, 328i, 1997.  So far, I used the genuine break pads.

Are there any recommendations for break pads that you think better than
the genuine ones.

I have to drive up about one hour to reach the BMW dealer.  Therefore, I
think I ask for mounting new break pads in the local shop.   But, as I
remember, the break pads of Bimmers  having ASP function needs to be
replaced only in the dealer shop.   Is it true?

Please let me know your experiences and comments.
Thanks in advance, All Bimmers.

W.T.

328i, 1997, 25000 miles