Tramlining with 17" tires

Erik,

I own a 95 M3 with the stock 17" Pilot Sports, and have noticed that it's
tramlining is extremely sensitive to correct (and balanced left-right) tire
pressure.  I run 33 psi in the front and 36 in the rear, as recommended on my
door jamb sticker.  I use a good quality dial-type air pressure gauge.  After
accurately setting it up this way, it doesn't tramline badly at all.  Good
luck!

Curt Allen

I have a similar problem with my 94 325is. The only mods to the car are 17's
off a 95 M3 (235X40 17).  I have been running Yokahama AVS Sports. The wear
is pretty even but the tramlining is ridiculous. Even when the tires were
new it  tramlined. I was wondering if it could have to do with suspension
components wearing? The car has 135K very "Enthusiastic" miles on it. Also
what is right tire pressure for these tires?

Thanks in advance

Erik Logan  >>>