Clicking clutch

I have a 2000 323i that works great except for a click (or two) when I engage
the clutch.  When slowly disengaging on exceleration, I can feel a little
hesitation from the car as the pedal moves "over" the clicks.  I have taken it
back to the shop twice with this concern and was told everything was fine..
they test drove it etc...  Anybody familiar with this problem?  Is it a
problem and is my car's transmission going to be "left at the light" one day?
I swear it isn't always of the same severity.

J. Forney