Re: JL Stealthbox Opinions

Lee,

I use 2 JL Audio 10W6's in a sealed box with two seperate chambers at 0.66
cubic feet of volume each with a fair amount of poly fill.  I currently run
them off of a Rockford Fosgate 800a2 from a 1.0 farad capaciter and a
Tsunami 950 CCA Gel Cell battery.

I Have a great deal of bass ONLY when I want it, yet I can make Eric
Claption strum a guitar with B.B. King better then anybody else.  The JL
Audio's are audiophile quality and are very, very accurate without any
shadowing.  You can use these for a ghetto blaster or you can have a very
tight and uncolored bass reproduction for your 1812 Overture.  It all
depends on how you feel that day.

My cost for the two subs plus box was around $375.00.  I figure the stealth
boxes are $450 and need to be special ordered.  You can't get the bass of a
more powerful and accurate sub cause you are only using IB4's in that
stealth box.  It's a lousy sub for the money.  If you can afford 70lbs of
readily removable weight (great for the snow) and the lose of some trunk
space, get the sub/box setup.

You're going to kill your imaging without any speakers in the rear.  The
stock front woofer is to low and out of the way for the best staging....try
and keep the rears for reflection off the rear glass.

I run MB Quart Q's inside in the stock locations up front and a set of DSD's
in the rear, all off of a 600a4.

If you live in the Jersey area, you're more then  welcome to see and hear my
setup.

Just my two cents,
Ron H.
rhakim@domain.elided