re: JL Audio

Lee:

This coming weekend, I plan to install a sealed 10" JL Audio subwoofer in my
E30: http://www.jlaudio.com/enclosures/cs110r.html and a Rockford Fosgate
amp. This is not the ported box, as I want clean bass without annoying other
cars sitting next to me at stop lights. I also like the fact that JL Audio
designed the box for their speaker(s), as opposed to selecting a speaker(s)
of choice and box of choice from Circuit City, etc. Hopefully the 10" will
be sufficient; if not, I'll move up to the 12". The rest of my speakers are
stock, but I have a Kenwood head unit and a cd changer mounted in the trunk.

The sub appears to be a nice size/compromise for the trunk, based on my
research. With the angled back, it should fit nicely against the passenger
compartment and leave ample storage space. It will essentially take up the
width of the trunk, but leave approximately 30" (between taillights and sub)
of useable space. I will be able to remove the sub as necessary when I need
extra space.

I can take pictures and post the link if anyone is interested.

Ted Staib
Fairfax, VA
'91 M5
'91 325i