Installing fuel check valve on E34

All,

I just received the "Non return valve" P/N 16-14-1-179-282 to fix the fuel
pressure bleed back on my '92 535i. Unfortunately, it didn't come with any
directions. All I got was the valve & a washer. Valve has threads on both
ends and I assume the end with the spring retainer goes on the fuel outlet
side. However, I don't have a clue where this is suppose to be installed. I
originally thought that this would be put in-line on the rubber fuel hose
but obviously it screws on somewhere. Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks, Richard V