Same Problemo

I too am plagued by the Brake Curcuit Failure light. THe Check light
gets on my nerves more.

I've tried all kinds of things. I used to just slam the trunk and it
would go away for a few days. I fiddled around in there and now my left
tail blinker is out.

A friend of mine mentioned BMW owned up to a fault in manufacturing and
they fixed his.
I called BMW in Mass and they said: Brake light Switch overheat  -
96B-111 (National Highway Transportation Adm.) They said I might need
then number, but I have not got this problem so they can't refer me.

If you manage to fix it, or have any info let me know.

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of jmiller.vcf]