RE: Odor in Passenger Compartment

Lorenzo141@domain.elided [mailto:Lorenzo141@domain.elided] wrote:

> I have a '90 325i convertible...I've noticed an increased
> fuel/exhaust odor in the passenger compartment for some time
> now and I got a new top put on last month, but the odor still
> remains. Can anyone help out? Thanks a bunch!

Lorenzo,
Look for leaks around the exhaust manifold. Either where the manifold mates
to the engine block or to the cat.
Never had this problem on either of my E30s, but my old Scirocco would shake
off the manifold clamp and leak all carbon monoxide into the cabin. I can't
believe I drove it like that a whole semester before getting it fixed ;-)

alex f