Re: '89 E-34 M-20 Problems

Andy,
Have you tried testing or changing the sensor for the water temp? That
feeds information to the computer and has some impact on the fuel mix. I
have the same car with a similar problem (!) but I have been ignoring it
until the weather gets better. A slight fluctuation in that sensor may
cause the problem we have. I think there is a test (voltage) in the
Bentley book.

Tom Lesko